Saturday, July 05, 2008

a sour pill to swallow

Well as I sit here after pre-ride I feel like I kind of took a shot to the ego today. After all that has happened in the last year I made a decision to take a step down in racing classes. After the crash in fall(shoulder still not right) and the lack of training in the off season my racing has turned into a shit pile. So after the week on vacation and really seeing what my fitness level is I made the decision to go to citizen and start over.
Its a hard step but it will be for the best, after finishing most of my races more then 30 min behind the leader its really is the right answer.
So Sunday will be the first race as a Cit. Clyd.
I think the biggest change will be the start time and trying to get ready. As much as it will be a change I know its for the best.
So we will see how tomorrow goes,lets hope I don't take to much shit for it.
See ya at the race.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So does this mean you are going to move down to the "Short and Randy" for Chequmegon?

Anonymous said...

Oh,I'm sorry did I say that last thing out loud?
I meant to say,"No Randy you won't take any shit for moving down, everyone will respect your decision and offer their support in helping you get through these most difficult times."

bmxmtbfam said...

Best to be honest with yourself rather than dangle in the back hating what your doing. Makes it tough to get any motivation to ride during the week if you hate racing on sunday.

Big Dale said...

Best thing I ever did. I now enjoy racing againg I was going to quit and just watch the kid. At least this way with all the crap I still get I am having fun. And by the way didnt I beat you.