Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Downgraded

It sits like a pit in the stomach but it was all for the best.
The race went well, all but the start as I ended up in the back but with a little work I started to work my way up from there. The trail was in great shape and all was going well till we got to the pines, way to fast and not enough control, BAM I hit what I think was the only stump in the hole trail. Jacked the shit out of my shoulder but stayed upright. The rest of it was a race and I finished OK, still 2 min down from the leader but in much better shape then other races. The time and distance fits me much better right now and that's what I was hopping for. I figured I would take some shit for it and I was right but in the long run I know it was the right thing to do.
All in all it was a good weekend, I think the best part was the ride home, yes it took forever but Erica and I got time to talk about thing that we have just been taking for granted lately. With my work load we don't have much time together right know and then when I am home she's at work so it ended up to be a good drive in the end.
Yesterday got to do the recovery ride with Tool,Coop(the shit giver),Bubba and Megatron. It was a good 27 miles in around two hours. That's the kind of riding I need but just can't seen to fit in my time line right now, well we'll see what happens in the upcoming weeks.
See Ya.

1 comment:

SugsCandy said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend. Hope to get together with you three soon. Sunday night or next week maybe? We'll give you a call after the Triathlon on Sunday.