Monday, July 17, 2006

A hot day at the ridge

Wow what a race. I really have to say I thought it was going to be alot more hot then it was, don't get me wrong it was hot but I just thought it would be worse in the woods. So I had a ok race, felt alittle tired in the legs on the first lap so I just tryed to keep keep the pace up and keep passing as many riders as I could, had much better 2nd lap as the legs started to come around but it was alittle to late as you can see in the picture, Rob flated and still caught me going up the ski hill. Well I tried to make up for it in the sprint into the finish, I had Mark in my sights but never thought I could catch him so I let Rob take the pass, well that was the right thing to do, as he went around me I got on his wheel. He pulled me right to the top and before I knew it I was back on Mark's wheel . With a little talk from Rob I gave it all I had and not only got Mark but one other guy too. Thanks Rob.
The new bike ran great, the fork felt alot better then I thought it was going to, I really thought it was going to beat the hell out of me but even on the down hill it was ok. It really was alot better climbing without the bob of the shock, I still don't know if I will be able to use it for all the races but I'm going to give it a try.
See Yaa........................................

1 comment:

The Shed Master said...

It's all in the wheels.