Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Great week

Well so far the week and weekend has been great for me. The new meds are starting to work and it seems so far as we may have a winner. Was able to get back on the bike a do a 30mile ride. Haven't done that in almost 12 weeks. The legs felt pretty good for the 30 miles and the group from Wheel north shore were great.
SO wee will see how things go from this point, week by week not only will I have updates on the meds but also on the weight I have put on and need to take off.

Thanks for all the support from my friends and family and all the great words.

Talk to you soon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Randy,

You've shown a great deal of courage and candidness in talking about your struggles and depression. I believe that you are a leader and an inspiration to others. The lifetime prevalence rate of having at least one episode of major depression or severe anxiety is about 50%. That means these things are fairly common human experiences, but many of us only compound our difficulties with negative stigma and assuming we are alone. I've tried hard in my career to educate families on what the "true normal" actually is and to emphasize wellness, self-care and prevention. Thanks for being brave, leading the way and let me know if there is anything I can do.

Jim